Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Hurricane Katrina... Red Cross Donations!
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:35:56    Post Subject: Hurricane Katrina... Red Cross Donations! Reply with quote View Single Post

I am sure you all know about it, and hopefully all of your families are safe. But, this is a serious disaster right here at home, and people need our help!

If you, please consider donating to the Red Cross, or any other charitable organization you are familiar with. Please post any other agencies here, if you have them!

Red Cross Donate Page

The link is very slow due to the activity! But, it may be worth the wait.

I know some of our members are from down that way, and I hope all is well... LaTech, how is your family, etc?

Even though I am currently on my own vacation, I am paying close attention to this, and can't believe how terrible it is in New Orleans!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:21:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I talked to my mom for the first time all week this morning. They are all doing well in Baton Rouge. One of my sisters lives in Hammond and they are without power. Some areas (like Slidell) are going to be without power for up to 12 weeks (last I heard). This is bad, guys...lots of people are going to be effected for a LONG time.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:01:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Also, think about giving blood. I went down on Tuesday and gave, as well as will be making red cross donations.

This is our own back yard people.... These are our fellow american's. Help out will all you can, they need our help!
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:15:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

http://www.digitalglobe.com/katrina_gallery.html

The pictures before and after of New Orleans speak more about the enormity of this situation than anything anyone can say...

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:51:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There are little words I can use on those pic's....
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:09:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The savage behavior of some of the victims is tough to handle... But we have to help the majority!! A banner made by another tech site... www.iceteks.com

hurricanekatrina.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.73 KB
 Viewed:  531 Time(s)

hurricanekatrina.gif

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:14:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, I've already donated blood and money.

(and I'm using that logo & link on my site)

Also, I'm going to have a contest for people that donate.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:44:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is it me, or looking across the web and other news media stories, do international donations seem to be coming in very slowly?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:05:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So true Vulcan, and that's driving me up the wall.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:24:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nah... like 40-50 countries have given, and given big! Its cool to see countries we have helped give (Kuwait), as well as countries we don't get along with (Cuba).

Kuwait just gave 500 million! MILLION, as in half a billion. I guess they appreciated our help. And a bunch of other Middle Eastern nations gave too, including Qatar at 100 million! Thats unreal!

Even France gave!

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:50:54; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: