Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
4pin and 3pin fan headers......
New boards without 4pin fan headers... :s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anerky99
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 05:49:13    Post Subject: 4pin and 3pin fan headers...... Reply with quote View Single Post

Right, looking at new mobos, specifically the Gigabyte UD4P, alot of the new x58 boards dont seem to have the 4 pin dfan headers. they only have 3pin headers. Does this mean that all of the fans installed will only run at full speed?? I dont really understand why 4pin headers arent set in?? Wont it mean that 4pin fans with PWN wont work to their full capacity on the 3pin headers. I odnt understand because the boards ive looked at are all very new boards :s.
Anyome got any information??

Coolermaster HAF 932 II Coolermaster Real Power M1000 II Gigabyte EX58-UD5 II i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz II Corsair H100 CPU Cooler II 24gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz II 2x MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack SLI II Corsair F240 SSD II 2x3Tb Seagate (RAID0) II 1Tb Seagate 7200.12 II 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 II Pinoneer BluRay Writer
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 06:59:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You can still possibility have fan control. Most of the boards I have had lately use the one 4-pin PWM connection for the CPU, but the balance of 3-pin connections can be controlled manually in the BIOS, or with temperature set points.
x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:59:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a UD3P board and it only has a 4-pin connection for the CPU and one other fan (I believe). I ran a couple of fans off my motherboard for a while and it did not run the fans a full speed. I couldn't figure out how to adjust fan speeds for case fans through the bios but I didn't really try that hard. Currently run all my fans through a fan controller.
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:10:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Your motherboard won't be able to control fans via the PWM feature, but it might still be able to control fans by voltage, nevertheless. I have a Gigabyte 780G, though it comes with 4 pin headers, it easily controls the fan speed of 3 pin fans.
anerky99
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:38:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Meh, if i cant control them ill have to cope lol, hopefully getting a case with built in potentiomtors for the 2 big fans on it so hopefully jsut be a single exhaust and cpu fan i wont be able to control.
Coolermaster HAF 932 II Coolermaster Real Power M1000 II Gigabyte EX58-UD5 II i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz II Corsair H100 CPU Cooler II 24gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz II 2x MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack SLI II Corsair F240 SSD II 2x3Tb Seagate (RAID0) II 1Tb Seagate 7200.12 II 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 II Pinoneer BluRay Writer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: