Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Monitor question
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry m
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:58:42    Post Subject: Monitor question Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Guru's: I'm looking for a new monitor 24" plus and would like opinions what would be a good choice for LCD , don't want CRT due to size and weight. Thanx, Jerry
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:16:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome jerry m... That kind of monitor is a little out of my area of expertise (and price range), but I am interested in looking, none the less. Just from the basic information I have on big LCD, I know you could shop at Dell for one... but if one exists that large, I would highly recommend anything from Viewsonic!
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:17:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you've got the cash, the Apple Cinema Display is extremely good. Expect to pay a premium though...

20" is $999
23" is $1999
30" is $2999
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:11:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The biggest Viewsonic is 23.1"... and the best price for it is $1819.99 @ buy.com

One thing to keep in mind, when buying a LCD of that size it's response time is going to be 25ms or slower (from what I've seen). Response times of that speed can lead to ghosting in high FPS games. Don't know if you care about that or not, but if you do... just an FYI.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:25:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's so true EC.

But that's also where the Apple monitor shines...it's got a 16ms response and a .25 DPI

I don't particually care for Apple, but have to admit their hardware is top notch.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:39:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's good then. 16ms I heard can still lead to some ghosting, of course those reports are on 17" & 19" monitors. I don't know if it's more or less noticable on a larger monitor. Or if there is a difference.

Laughing My research pretty much stops at 19" ones. Grin
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:43:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

neweggs clearance section has some Uber cheap monitors they are out of date but really cheap for what you get.
refurbished 21.3 monitors for about 600$

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:01:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hehe Yea, I know how that goes EC. I'd LOVE to get one of the 23" LCD's to use but can't get myself to spend that kind of money Smile

The only thing I know about the Apple LCD's is what I've been told from the EQ2 community.
Wired
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:30:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You can pick up a widescreen Dell 24inch LCD for pretty cheap down here atm. There is probablly something similar in the US. HD resolution and all.
jerry m
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:00:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanx for info. Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: