Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Kindle Anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:18:25    Post Subject: Kindle Anyone? Reply with quote View Single Post

I was thinking about snagging a Kindle from Amazon for the wife but wanted to see if any of you have used it yet and if so what you think about it?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 27 May 2009 17:12:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Don't have one, but my director does. Seems like something I'd use to read off of. It's very strange because when you read from it it really seems like your reading from paper not a computer screen.

Kinda pricey though.
gbronzer
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 27 May 2009 17:21:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll wait to see Apple's tablet next year. Seems like it'd do a lot more and be able to download and read books. The iPhone already has a Kindle app, the screens just too small.
street4242
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:44:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you're an avid reader the kindle is actually an excellent value. The initial cost is made up in time by the fact that you buy books for about half the price of a paperback.

It gets the books from the cellphone network but you don't have to pay monthly.

One downside is that the screen looks kind of odd when you are "turning" pages. This is because it uses power only to change the picture, so it has to blank and then redraw the page on each turn. Some people don't mind at all, others get used to it rather quickly, but others don't like it and either close their eyes when turning pages or simply do not like the product because of it.

It should make a fantastic gift for the wife if she's a reader. Especially if she does a lot of traveling/commuting.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:45:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My Mom has one... Mostly for when she is traveling. I guess she likes it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: