Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Star Trek, anyone seen this yet?
Thoughts on movie
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digerati
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 25 May 2009 05:25:01    Post Subject: Star Trek, anyone seen this yet? Reply with quote View Single Post

I watched this on Saturday and I thought it was extremely well done. I knew that JJ Abrams' direction would show itself and it did so immediately. He used a style that was similar to his style in LOST in many scenes as well as his usual focus on character relationships. The actors were surprisingly brilliant, considering most of them had crappy roles before this picture and to some of them, like Zachary Qunito who played Spock, this was their first ever film role. I also never watched Star Trek before in my life and I found it very interesting that I went out and bought the TOS Blu-ray for season 1. This movie was awesome - I highly recommend it to everyone. Has anyone seen it yet? I really think it's Oscar material, but I almost know for sure it won't get any of the good ones.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:05:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I saw it twice and loved the movie. I've watched every Star Trek show and movie, and this one didn't' disappoint at all.
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 25 May 2009 14:54:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the review...I was thinking about going but wasn't big into Star Trek either so I thought I might pass and wait for blu-ray
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:12:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Shadowsilence wrote:
I saw it twice and loved the movie. I've watched every Star Trek show and movie, and this one didn't' disappoint at all.

Ok, reference point needed.... In order name your favorite ST Movies & TV shows.
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Mon, 25 May 2009 16:23:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze that is quite a horrific demand. I don't have an order or play favorites, except for Deep Space Nine... It was good at first, but after awhile I started to lose interest. Each show and movie have all been great in their own ways. I'd break into my likes and dislikes about this movie compared to others, but then I'd have to write a spoiler clause to those who haven't seen it. It's a movie for Trekkies, and those who haven't seen a star trek movie before as well.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 26 May 2009 00:06:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

1) Original ST
2) ST NG
3) Wrath of Khan
4) All others Grin
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:13:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Like Shadow, I've seen every episode of all the series and all the movies. I've loved them each in their own way, and have been able to get past flaws and timeline changes.

I loved the new movie. I've seen it twice in the theater. As soon as I was done with the first showing, I really wanted to go see it again. There is so many little touches that if you know Star Trek you might pick up on.

Personally I think Abrams did a great job at it. It's a difficult position to be in with it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:34:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was a fan of the different ST series created over the years, with the exception of Deep Space Nine as I could not get into that one. I just watched the new movie yesterday and must also say it was very well done. If you are a fan of the previous movies and series you will get a lot of the puns and jokes through out the movie!
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:58:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Haven't seen it yet but I plan to soon.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:20:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
Shadowsilence wrote:

Ok, reference point needed.... In order name your favorite ST Movies & TV shows.

I haven't seen the latest yet. But it looks like there is too much AGI/blue screen dubbing for my tastes.

TV
1. Original
2. Next Gen
3. all others, didn't like them, only watched a few of each to turn me off.

Movies
1. The Motion Picture
2. Wrath of Kahn and Search for Spock tie
3. The Undiscovered Country
4. Generations
5. Nemesis
6. Insurrection
7. all others..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: