Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Q6600 overclock details.
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jynxx
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:34:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There also seems to be a section on the FSB that the board "doesnt like". For example, I can hit 1333mhz just fine.... 1400 and it wont even post. 1433 and it halts on HD Detection... 1500-1700 it runs fine, but the higher values aren't stable at all.
Just a tip for when you "bump" the frequency of your FSB up so you know it may work at a HIGHER value even though it may freeze at 1433 or something like that.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Therasense
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:27:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah I've noticed that whole memory-part. I was only getting 3.2 GB of those 4 memory sticks. Right now I'm only using two sticks. I might get 2x2GB sometime in the future.

I've actually noticed that to. Wink I guess I just have to experiment a bit more with the frequency to find out what works and what don't. Seems to run fine on 3 Ghz though.

I'll be back with an update on my frequency experimenting. Thanks again guys. I'm checking this thread daily so feel free to add anything. Smile
Therasense
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:53:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So guys, I've now been experimenting for a couple of days and right now, i almost hate this board. It works great on 3Ghz and it's stable as hell but I've tried almost every QDR value over 1333 there is but nothing seems to work. The last couple of times it won't even post. I've also read alot about the motherboard and the processor and for some people everything works like a charm while others have the same problems as I have. Do you have any more ideas for me or do I just have to wait for a updated BIOS?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 23:33:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My board gets flaky at and around 1333MHz. Has done so with a few different memory kits now. What worked for me... Jump past that whole range. Kinda like what Jynxx said... There are dead ranges it seems. I can go up to 1280MHz fine on several kits, but have to jump up to 1500-1600MHz to find a usable speed again.
Therasense
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:39:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Feels like I've been there, done that. Have tried a couple of frequencies between 1300-1800. I guess I just have to keep trying until i find that one working frequency. Thanks anyway.
Jynxx
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:52:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dont forget, you will probably HAVE to up your voltages when you get to higher bus speeds. Higer speeds = more power needed.
norm68
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:12:27    Post Subject: New to overclocking Reply with quote View Single Post

Could any one give me a newbie guide for overclocking a Q6600 to approx 3Ghz? System is the following:

Gigabyte X38-DQ6 mobo
2 gig corsair XMS 6400-C4
EVGA 8800GTS SSC 640mb gpu
antec neo-power 650 watt psu
antec 900 case
WD 750 gig HDD
windows XP pro sp2

Basically where should I start, would like a stable system as well, thanks.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:52:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome norm68!

Sounds like you have the foundation for successfully getting to 3.0 GHz.

Have you tried anything yet? I would start by looking through this thread, as many people have had similar setups.

What CPU cooler are you using?
norm68
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:45:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cooling, right now it's stock CPU. In order to use any other type of cooler, I need to remove the back plate HS on the mobo. I did not pan on doing that, so I think I will not be able to hit the 3Ghz mark, maybe 2.6 or 2.8 safely with stock cooler.

Being new to this maybe I should just leave well enough alone??
norm68
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:59:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone have any suggestions on where I should start the OC process?? thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: