Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Redbox Instant - Garbage
Please fail quickly and go away!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 22:14:30    Post Subject: Redbox Instant - Garbage Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone else sign up for this "beta" launch of their Netflix challenger? For $8 / month you are supposedly going to get 4 kiosk DVD rentals and unlimited streaming. I imagine I can get the kiosk DVDs OK, but the streaming is absolute garbage.

I saw TED on there, and thought I would watch... $5.99 it says. Uh - what? Try a few more movies, and they were all the same - extra money to watch online. Considering they are $1 at the kiosk, who is going to pay that much more to rent online with 48 hours of viewing time (from the time you first click play) inside of 30 days.

So, I keep looking, and the gems below are apparently what is included for streaming... See anything of interest?

Sadly, I couldn't get the one I tried to play anyway. It redirected me to a page that implied I might be charged more money to upgrade my subscription to see these movies. Confused - I thought I had unlimited streaming - but I can't seem to stream anything.

The image below is what I got when selecting "Watch Now" on a handful of these titles... Maybe it is included, but the wording, and my sincere lack of interest, convinced me to not take the chance.

In the end - it is apparently $8/month for 4x $1 kiosk rentals. Great value, right? Luckily this is a free month on the beta test, so I am only out time - but I will be sure my account is closed before 30 days are up!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

JimBowy

PostPosted: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 10:05:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that wont cut it against netflix... and ya, nice free movie options!
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:15:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I LOVE Vinny the Chin.
Favoritest movie of all time!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 20:44:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow - they lasted almost 2 years? Far too long, but Redbox Instant is closing on Tuesday... Laughing

http://www.savingadvice.com/articles/2014/10/05/1028672_redbox-instant-shuts-down.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: