Many of the programs and files we use on a daily basis take up large amounts of drive space. As these programs get more detailed and more complex, additional file space becomes necessary. Because of this, everybody eventually will need additional hard drive space. In most systems you can only add so many hard drives before you run out of physical space (or connectors). Your only option at this point is to either totally replace a drive or get an external drive enclosure. An external drive enclosure also has an added benefit of allowing you to make a hard drive portable.
has many external drive enclosures available, and their newest model allows you to use the latest hard drive and connection technology. The Nexstar3, model NST-360SU-BK, allows you to use a 3Gb/s SATA hard drive, connecting to either USB (1.1 or 2.0) or eSATA.
The information in the three sections below is taken from the Vantec USA
website in order to introduce the Nexstar3, model NST-360SU-BK.
"Form and functionality collide with style in the Nexstar3 External SATA Hard Drive Enclosure from Vantec. With its mirror finish, sleek curves and bold colors, the Vantec Nexstar3 stands out from the crowd. The sturdy drive cage protects your hard drive while the aluminum case effectively draws away the heat, protecting your drive from overheating. The Nexstar3 features eSATA (external Serial ATA) and USB 2.0 interfaces offering speeds up to 3Gbps or 480Mbps respectively. This flexibility allows you to use your hard drive at its full performance where eSATA is available and still have the option of using USB where it's not. The Nexstar3 is an ideal way to store and transfer large amounts of data in an enclosure that matches your style!"
• Model: NST-360SU-BK
• Interface: SATA to eSATA& USB 2.0
• Dimensions: 206 X 123 X 33 mm
• Support: Window 98SE/ME/2000/XP, Mac OS 8.6 & Above
• Aluminum Casing Cools Down Your Hard Drive
• Transfer Rates Up to 3Gbps W/ eSATA
• Transfer Rates Up to 480Mbps W/ Usb 2.0 (12Mbps W/ USB1.1)
• Easily Add Storage to Any System With SATA or USB
• Hot-Swappable: Plug And Play Without Rebooting
• Attractive Blue LED Indicates Power/HDD Activity
• Supports Up to 400GB Hard Drives