Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Considering an upgrade...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:46:30    Post Subject: Considering an upgrade... Reply with quote View Single Post

Considering upgrading to an Intel i5...I've had the AMD 1090T since it came out and has served me incredibly well. But thinking it's time to step up and get a newer proc. Since I have to upgrade both MB and CPU, might as well make the switch over to Intel.

Question is do I do it now, or wait for Haswell...Due to release in June, of course be expensive at release though.

I'd like to get a board (not sure if it exists though) with internal USB 3 header (preferably two), six SATA III, and Thunderbolt...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 07:42:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Waiting is no fun!! USB 3.0 seems to be a rear panel feature on any board I looked at. Up to 8 of them these days (all out back, none as headers).
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:43:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't have many devices to know what exists - But why USB 3.0 headers? What uses them? Even internal devices I have seen (like hubs) seem to have external cables to pass through to the back of the case.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:32:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For things such as Front USB 3 ports on cases....

I would like Dual USB 3 internal headers because cases are going to start coming with four USB 3 ports on the front...

If I go now, might have to check into this board, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT. Looks to have everything I need.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:02:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like my all in one card reader with usb3.0 header. Although I had to purchase a pci card to use it, I still like it better than routing a special blue usb to the back panel.
alex2017
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 07:40:22    Post Subject: Re: Considering an upgrade... Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
Considering upgrading to an Intel i5...I've had the AMD 1090T since it came out and has served me incredibly well. But thinking it's time to step up and get a newer proc. Since I have to upgrade both MB and CPU, might as well make the switch over to Intel.

Question is do I do it now, or wait for Haswell...Due to release in June, of course be expensive at release though.

I'd like to get a board (not sure if it exists though) with internal USB 3 header (preferably two), six SATA III, and Thunderbolt...

I don't have many devices to know what exists - But why USB 3.0 headers? What uses them? Even internal devices I have seen (like hubs) seem to have external cables to pass through to the back of the case.
Ice Bank
Mice Elf

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:08:22    Post Subject: Re: Considering an upgrade... Reply with quote View Single Post

alex2017 wrote:

There are things like internal card readers that would use them, or plenty of cases with 3.0 ports on the outside that are looking for headers on the motherboard.

Hopefully he picked something years ago though... And maybe a few more since then!

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Bigzys
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 03:36:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone here who noticed that the prices of DDR4 RAM, Intel CPUs, and Nvidia GPUs have gone down?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: