Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Whats the next phone you want?
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimBowy

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:33:44    Post Subject: Whats the next phone you want? Reply with quote View Single Post

I want the Verizon Droid Razr Maxx and right now its onsale for $99 through Amazon with a new contract. I was trying to hold off for the newer Razr version that is supposed to come out sometime this fall but I'm sure the price of that thing will jump back up to $300ish. I also see the Samsung Galaxy SIII seems to have a lot of good stuff going for it.

What do you guys think? Razr Maxx vs. Galaxy SIII? Or is there something else in the horizon?

FYI - Right now I have a Blackberry Bold (non touch screen). LOL

Jim

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:37:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I went over this last month for myself...

I have my pre-order in for the Galaxy S3. Right now, I have the Droid 4 (got as a Birthday present) but want the better screen on the Galaxy and have gotten used to not using the physical keyboard. I checked out the Droid Maxx and decided on the Galaxy S3. The Galaxy S2 and Nexus has a nicer screen than the Droids, the S3 is supposed to have an even nicer screen. I also wanted the extra screen real estate as I read ebooks on mine at lunch when I'm not streaming a show or news. Plus I think there's a difference in the Gorilla Glass used as in Gen 1 vs Gen 2.

Here's what I wrote down Razr Maxx vs Galaxy S3
CPU Difference 1.2 vs 1.5
Screen Size 4.3 vs 4.8
Resolution 960x540 vs 1280x720
Front Camera 1.3 vs 1.9
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:24:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Phones are getting too big... I want a good phone sized phone, not a mini tablet that might make calls. Not sure what I would want really...
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:06:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I hope someday to never have a phone. If it wasn't for needing one for work I wouldn't have one at all.

I currently have a Palm Treo 650 that is beat to hell and back. Since I still have to work, when the Palm dies it will need to be another phone that has the very expansive contacts list. (some folks I have 5 ph# and 3 email addresses for)
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:19:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
when the Palm dies it will need to be another phone that has the very expansive contacts list. (some folks I have 5 ph# and 3 email addresses for)

Any Android phone will handle that requirement.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 23:27:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
knight0334 wrote:
when the Palm dies it will need to be another phone that has the very expansive contacts list. (some folks I have 5 ph# and 3 email addresses for)

Any Android phone will handle that requirement.

They got'm for $50 or less that uses SIM cards? I use a prepaid AT&T account. ...I wont do the contract thing because some day I am going to be without a phone.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:50:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Probably something close... I have a pair of Tmobile prepaid phones and saw some under $100 with decent features. I also have one phone that presently doesn't have a SIM that is intended for AT&T (use it as a home phone on WiFi with an app called GrooveIP). I bought that phone used at Cowboom.com and was surprised at how good it was when it arrived.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

JimBowy

PostPosted: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:02:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm going to signup tonight at Amazon for the Razr Maxx... Its cheap, and I'm looking forward to when it gets the ICS OS upgrade.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:10:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just got shipping tracking info for my Galaxy S3...it'll be here Thursday! Can't wait Smile
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 09:15:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, I played with the Galaxy 3 last night...incredible phone. The screen kicks the Droid's butt, it is very responsive to even a light touch.

But of course, there are two little things...the first is the home button is an actual button, not a "touch" button. The second is the speaker could be increased big time.

I've seen a lot of people have had issues with the 4G connectivity, but so far sitting at my desk at work, i'm getting 16MB/s so it's not all bad...

So far, i'm really impressed by the S3...now to upgrade my SDHC card from 8GB to 32GB Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: