Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Xclio A380 Super Tower Case
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:43:11    Post Subject: Xclio A380 Super Tower Case Reply with quote View Single Post

The Xclio A380 case is an excellent choice for anyone who likes to show off their machine while knowing they have a superior case. This is one of very few cases that has dual 25CM fans, and has to be about the baddest looking of the bunch. On top of that, it keeps your hardware cool and a maintains a fairly low noise level. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

enoctis
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:11:28    Post Subject: xClio A380 Reply with quote View Single Post

My tower is ever-so slightly different than yours, even though it's the exact same model. The curve in the upper-right corner of the acrylic side panel has a larger radius to hide where the PSU support rail connects to the external drive cage. Also, my internal/external bay trays are solid plastic and didn't require any assembly, whereas it appears your did. Regardless of these differences, I was wondering about your mention of the case lacking a HDD access indicator LED. The front fan LED wire can be plugged into your MOBO's HDD access port rather than the power port. The only downside to this would be that the front fan would only light up when the HDD is being accessed.

There is, however, an alternative. If you noticed when you plugged the front fan LED into your MOBO, there were actually 2 sets of wires going to one connector. You could purchase an additional connector and splice it with one of the 2 sets of wires. This would allow the upper LED portion of the access panel to be utilized for HDD access, and the fan LED to be constant, or vice versa.

I have attached 2 pictures of my tower with a pack of cigarettes (for size comparison). The reason I am attaching these pictures is because I was shocked at the size of my tower when it arrived. You can look at dimensions all day long, and still not realize what a monster this beast is!

Regards,
Enoctis (.net)
WaterRabbit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:03:19    Post Subject: xClio A380 Reply with quote View Single Post

Love the pictures and the case ! I am slowly getting my first build put together and will put some photos up. They should use 200mm and up fans more often but most people like 120mm fans. One big fan can push as much as 3 standard size ones, while drawing less power and way quieter . If I remember that front fan has a sort of a "nose cone" thing on it, like the turbine on a jet engine. Do you think that's just for looks or helps it suck more air? Long time ago the guys at Modders Inc. did a video on them making one with custom intake and all . Pretty Cool, in more ways then one (air & looks!). Anyway take care and post some photos of the inside. Later, bud. Cool
NZXT M59 Case + ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO Mobo + ULTRA X4 500watt PSU = Slowly Getting There 1 Part at a Time..................... #3777 registered user
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: