Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: "Major flaw revealed in Internet Explorer...." 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:04:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
acruxksa wrote:
That's why most of us just bring our own laptops and a USB key, we actually have software we can use on our own computers Smile It's also probably why Sarah Palin resorted to using her blackberry and yahoo for e-mail.

GrinGrinGrinGrin

This makes me scream..... Bang Head Yikes

GrinGrinGrin I know! You should see the looks we get from CSG. We aren't allowed to connect them to the state network though (we get a nasty phone call within about 30 minutes of someone attempting it Grin ), so it's all sneaker net essentially.

In all fairness, I can understand your paranoia, a couple years ago when they first installed satellite internet on our ship it was only accessible on one computer for testing. The nitwit from the satellite provider dumped the thing right on the internet without the benefit of a firewall or NAT router of any kind. It basically had it's own internet routable IP and since the computer had an original Win2000 install and hadn't received ANY patches..........it brought the entire system to it's knees. It was quite a show really, but the computer literally picked up hundreds of trojans and virus's in a matter of a couple days, not to mention the fact that it was sending spam e-mail as fast as the 512kbps satellite link would allow.

It's a fine line you have to walk, because if security makes things cumbersome, people tend to find other less controlled ways of doing things, yet if things aren't locked down to some degree you're screwed. I don't envy you or anyone who's got the task. Wink

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved