Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Lian Li 750W Maxima Force Series Power Supply 
doug-jensen
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:27:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Hi - Thanks for the post. Looks like you have been here for 3+ years waiting for the right moment to get involved.

I agree... The warranty is two years on this Lian Li unit, and longer is always better.

Where did you get the temperature data? I don't see that.

I just found I have a PCP&C 750W Silencer here that I thought was gone... I'll run it through the same tests sometime soon.

I guess I'm too busy/lazy to take the time to post, but I do read a lot of your reviews.

This is from the SLI850: Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.4 x 9.1 inch (wxhxd)
850W Continuous (950W Peak) @ 50 Degrees C
Motherboard Connectors: 24-pin, 8-pin, 4-pin, dual 6-pin video
Drive Connectors: 15 (6 SATA)
Safter Agency Approvals: UL/ULC/CE/TUV
MTBF: 120,000 hours
Warranty: 5 Years

My primary PC has their 1KW PSU and despite the MB and CPU temps all being within rated safe ranges, the inside case temp is 53C when I'm pushing my dual 4-core Xeons on a multithreaded video app for 30+ minutes. I don't doubt that many folks never reach a 50C case temp, but I bet most of your readers are enthusiasts who should be aware of the misleading 25C specs that drop to only half power at 50C.

Note too that it is single rail. I am amazed at PSU ads (and some reviews) that brag about the PSU being multi-rail, which is a definite disadvantage.

This is interesting reading:
http://www.pcpower.com/technology/myths/

I have a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and 20 years experience designing expensive big iron mainframes, so I can catch the marketing baloney easily.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved