Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: ASUS EAH3870 TOP Overclocked Radeon HD3870 Graphics Card 
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:56:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Well np... Wink

As you said...Overdrive is surely the safest method...I used it for my overclock too...although i rather later test max load on ATI Tray Tools or some game (Crysis and Call of Juarez are known to push the card to the absolute max...so if it survives overclocked there for an hour...it will work elsewere without any problems too).

And sure...3850's can max to those 770Mhz with ease...afterall they use same chip RV670 as 3870...so with proper cooling...they should be able to work all the way to 860Mhz (I am not sure if core voltage at 3850's is high enough to allow this, but otherwise they should work). But the problem is over 860Mhz. Actually slightly less...i.e...I see my card to run as 860/1251 in Catalysts...but in cpu-z 0.1.9 it's shown as 857/1251. So maybe it varies where this "lock" kicks in...lets say somewhere around 855-860Mhz...but still...thats a "feature" in bios...to prevent too high overclock and/or damaged card...and thats ok to me - although we all like to test absolute max Grin , but even if we could go to 900Mhz...so what...40Mhz wouldnt change anything...1-2FPS more or less...who cares...and for those who do care...they should go crossfireX anyway... Grin Wink

You can read more about 860Mhz Bios fix at links below (just be sure to also include 3dmark results if you decide to flash bios and push it over 900mhz,ok Grin ) :
- http://www.geforce9.com/index.php?news=115
- http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2120791

Finally...I cant wait to see the XP results....but dont bother too much...i mean...test if you can...but if not...i'll still survive...at least i think so... Grin Laughing King

Wave

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved