Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Win an ioSafe Solo 500GB Rugged USB External Hard Drive
Got any ideas for a new torture test?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:49:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Strap one to a boat anchor and go fishing for the weekend.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:52:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Interesting idea. I usually just make monthly DVD backups and store them in my fireproof safe. I guess this would simplify things alot and allow me to keep more stuff. Cool... Hmmmm... Now I want one!

As far as testing goes, why not just cook it with dinner every night? Boil it with the potatoes, grill it with the steaks and bake it with the pie. That would test its longevity for heating and cooling resistance as well as different types of heat and the boil test would test water and heat at the same time.

Then, stick it in the corner of your shower for a few weeks. That would test its ability to go wet, dry, wet, dry - also testing the mold/mildew resistance and soap scum proofyness. Plus, it could act as a shampoo shelf Smile

Hopefully thats along the lines of what they are looking for as far as testing goes, I defanitely want... no, I defanitely need one of these babys!
Wildcaster
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:55:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Will an ioSafe Solo blend?

Most people that would buy such an external harddrive would be computer savvy and therefore chances are they have seen the "Will it blend?" videos on youtube. If you haven't go check it out. It is a company that shows how good their blenders are by blending random items such as iPhones, golf balls, etc. Prove that the ioSafe Solo cannot be blended and I'm impressed.
Stabby
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 00:00:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is this thing supposed to survive shock as well as the elements? Drop it off the top of a 4 story building, or drop a car on it!
CdnRebel
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 01:48:36    Post Subject: New Torture Test Reply with quote View Single Post

It could get tossed around by an elephant or hit by a ten-pin bowling ball or dropped from a very great height or dropped off a boat or run over by a steam roller?
motanacu
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 02:24:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think it will not survive after it`s dropped to toilet, flushed, make it all the way throught the sewerage until the end...where its..the end:) and after that a road compactor will pass over it. If it will survive, i`ll smell it:) or maybe i`ll buy one?Smile
Wildcaster
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 05:56:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok I got a good one for you.

Make a quick commercial of this thief backing up computer information onto a ioSafe Solo in a plane. Then he runs outside the airplane before it leaves. Then he sees a security guard pass by so the thief hides the ioSafe Solo in the jet engine of the airplane which happens to be on. After the security guard passes without suspecting anything the thief grabs the ioSafe Solo out of the jets engine and continues his escape. Thank god for the fireproof ioSafe Solo.

Brilliant.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:20:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just to keep people focused on the topic... While some of the ideas would be fun to try out, the product is designed specifically to survive a fire or a flood. They are seeking new ways to test one these two features.

As soon as the device has been through either a fire or a flood, the data needs to be salvaged and it isn't intended to be put through other disasters before that.
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:30:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

In that case let it sit in the bottom of an aquarium for a week or so. I wonder if it would survive being submerged in salt water.
Wildcaster
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:30:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
Just to keep people focused on the topic... While some of the ideas would be fun to try out, the product is designed specifically to survive a fire or a flood. They are seeking new ways to test one these two features.

As soon as the device has been through either a fire or a flood, the data needs to be salvaged and it isn't intended to be put through other disasters before that.

Ok

My brother has a nasty habit of putting stuff in the dishwasher that will either melt or break. In case he decides to try and clean the dust off my ioSafe Solo by putting it in the dishwasher, I would feel very safe knowing my ioSafe Solo is protecting my data!

The question now is: Is your ioSafe Solo as protected from the heat and water as you claim it is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: