Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
What projects have you guys got going at home right now?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimBowy

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:28:37    Post Subject: What projects have you guys got going at home right now? Reply with quote View Single Post

Its been a bit quiet in here... have any of you been up to any projects at home?

My project

Right now I'm finishing my basement. It all started last year when the cast iron pipes beneath my basement floor decided to rot out and eventually become plugged. Since then I have dug-up the floor, replaced the cast with PVC, poured 4000lbs of concrete by hand, insulated and added framed walls along the outside perimeter of the basement. I'm routing electrical right now. Also included in the project is a full bath and a wet bar. This project has had PLENTY of scope creep!

Well - thats where I'm at... how about you guys?

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 09:53:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Lots of things have been going on... At first because we just wanted to make the house better - and then all of a sudden because we wanted to move. Sucks because the market is so different now, all this extra money won't be re-cooped. All new kitchen, remodeled one bath, handful of new windows... Bang Head

My house is sold, but the one we tried to buy went to someone else. Homeless soon? Yikes
JimBowy

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:20:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
Lots of things have been going on... At first because we just wanted to make the house better - and then all of a sudden because we wanted to move. Sucks because the market is so different now, all this extra money won't be re-cooped. All new kitchen, remodeled one bath, handful of new windows... Bang Head

My house is sold, but the one we tried to buy went to someone else. Homeless soon? Yikes

That sucks. How long until you move out?

You can move into my basement... put the kids room behind the bar Laughing

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:07:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Blhaaa... I got lotz to do.

Replace the carpet in our bathroom (yes, I said carpet in the bathroom... ours is the last one left, already did the other 2).

Get rid of the ton or two of rocks on the side of our house and put in probably a green house, maybe a shed to (so I can reclaim the garage for... vehicles).

Convert our "formal dining" area that isn't used for eating into a bar Grin

Too much to do, not enough time.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:45:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

1. Replacing the water heater next weekend. And since I have to take apart the gas lines to change it out - I am going to put in a T and run a new gas line over about 8ft then up through the floor so that I can replace the old electric range with a new gas range.

2. Gotta clean out the burn chambers of the furnace soon. And pull the burners out and clean out the small holes. Some have corroded shut.

3. Extend electricity around the rooms that I ran new electric service to right after buying this new place. Only 1 receptacle worked upstairs, all the others were disconnected from the old knob & tube wiring.

4. Replace the faucet in the kitchen

5. Run additional electricity to the kitchen

6. Replace the faucet in the half-bath downstairs

7. Rip up the carpeting in the kitchen and half-bath, then lay down laminate flooring.

8. Put up blinds in all 11 windows upstairs.

9. Replace a couple storm/screen doors to the mud room.

10. Finish the backside of the barrier wall I had to put up on the faucet end of the tub to make a proper shower.

11. Move the overhead light in the bathroom upstairs and run additional electricity to that room.

Edda Leite
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 03:13:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

House general cleaning, I'm doing this at least once a month. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: