Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
What HDTV should I buy?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's the best HD display technology?
Plasma TV
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LCD TV
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
DLP TV
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Wiseacre
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:41:12    Post Subject: What HDTV should I buy? Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm leaning heavily towards the 3rd option, it’s the cheapest, and I’ve heard good things about DLP: http://www.dlp.com/
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 13 May 2006 14:03:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a widescreen HD LCD (27") and widescreen HD LCD projection (44")... I like both, but the LCD projection offers good performance for lower money. Plasma is just too much, and DLP would be up there on my list. Especially with a budget in mind.

I would like to see more about the moving mirrors in DLP, as that just doesn't sound like a long lasting design to me.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 13 May 2006 14:36:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually the DLP is supposed to be the longest lasting out of all of them. Good thing about DLP is when you replace the bulb in it, it's just like getting your factory brand new picture back. Grin

If you are going to get DLP though, go to a store, set a side some time and sit down and watch something on it. DLP can cause some people extreme headaches.
http://www.ausmedia.com.au/DLP_Sensitive.htm
http://www.projectorcentral.com/lcd_dlp.htm

Currently I have a 51" Projection and I dig it.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:43:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a 61" DLP, the InFocus 61md10 that woot was selling. I love it. I had a 27" CRT before that and the upgrade was night and day. As the woot podcast says, you haven't watched TV until you've watched HDTV in 61" glorious inches. I swear, I can pause the picture on the sunrise and get a tan. Laughing
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 15 May 2006 13:43:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

DLP would get my vote....

Just make sure you get one with all the current bells & whistles, especially HDMI connection...that would really suck to spend $2K on a TV, then next year have issues due to Blu-Ray encryption (assuming that wins the format war)...
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:05:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LCD!! das good ya

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:05:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
I have a 61" DLP, the InFocus 61md10 that woot was selling. I love it. I had a 27" CRT before that and the upgrade was night and day. As the woot podcast says, you haven't watched TV until you've watched HDTV in 61" glorious inches. I swear, I can pause the picture on the sunrise and get a tan. Laughing

Laughing Another wooter I see. Grin BOC! BOC! (They suck by the way, I got one once)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:40:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i love my flat panel.... its like a huge computer monitor lol... if your looking for cheap then go dlp by all means but you never did say which size u were looking to get... i think lcd is the best choice but a lot of that is opinion

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:55:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was thinking of getting a new TV, but that first link EC posted wakes me wanna hurl
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:47:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

@EC: I hooked up that bad boy InFocus to my computer and now Everwuest 2 is an interactive movie. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: