Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Building a MAC Computer on Intel
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:16:00    Post Subject: Building a MAC Computer on Intel Reply with quote View Single Post

Found this very interesting, would be tempting to try out if I could find the correct MAC OS Image file, and had the Intel MB to play with this...

How to Build an Intel MAC
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:11:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A buddy of mine wanted to try to build an OS X machine with the venice core since it has the SSE3 instruction set. I'm going to send him the link and see if he still wants to dive into this project. Sounds to complicated for any kind of actual result.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:54:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Why would you want to use an OS that theres hardly any software for in comparison to Windows?

I can understand Linux/Unix for server duties, but come on... Unless the only things you do is surf the internet, email or listen to music-I cant see any reason to use a Mac based OS.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:53:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Mac has better Video Editting software... and for most people.. simple becasue it's not Windows.
JoeKewle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:10:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

"Because its not Windows" is not an excuse for having another crappy OS on your desktop. If giving an evil company your hard earned money is the problem, then you must use linux. The only reason I would attempt this is the novilty of it all...
/flame
anduril
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:00:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Whether its Intel or AMD there's plenty of images out there to install with. Support is obviously much better with an all Intel based system but its still doable.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f104/ will get you started

Grayheart
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:13:52    Post Subject: MAC on netbook Reply with quote View Single Post

I have Mac OSX running on my Lenovo Ideapad S10, but the sound doesn't work. It is not difficult once you find the right disc image.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

daemon
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 00:34:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bah if you want OSX just get a real Mac Pro.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:58:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

there are a ton of reasons to run a Mac instead of a PC. In the end, all computers have faults (most of them start in the chair)
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:47:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

MaxPC just did an article on building your own Hackintosh too...but like was said, I really don't see the point of it all.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/build_your_own_hackintosh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: