Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Ultra Products X-Finity 600W ATX PSU
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:42:25    Post Subject: Ultra Products X-Finity 600W ATX PSU Reply with quote View Single Post

The 500W Xconnect unit produced a reading between 39 and 40 dBA and the 600W X-Finity produced a reading between 40 and 41 dBA. Both are fairly quiet, just a few dBA over the noise level of the 'still' room, and they produce similar tones as they operate. Even without any calibrated instrumentation, I can tell that the X-Finity was slightly louder. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:59:51; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

zepper
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:20:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Look at the thread in General Hardware on http://forums.anandtech.com about Ultra's RMA policy and you wouldn't go near Ultra with a 10' pole.
.bh.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:30:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For those who don't care to search (don't bother), it is the same thread as right here:

http://www.bigbruin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5350

Hopefully NO TACT's bad experience will pave the way for any future issues to be resolved better. And, who knows, perhaps an official policy change.

Here is "Abrasive's" AT version:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=27&threadid=1571324&enterthread=y
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 09 May 2005 01:31:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i know 4 people with the 500 Watt PSUs, and i do not recomend them with 64 bit systems, the 2 people, including muyself do not get the requrided voltages as rrequired, mine curently runs at :

+12 runs at 10.75
+3.3 runs at 1.6
CPU fluctuates 1.47-1.48

I curently can not ad anythign else to my config, i am running an Epox board a winchester 939 3000+ CPU with a ATi X800 Pro Flashed to XT with 16 pipes, running at Pro Speeds.

i tried overclocjkign my Videop card, and it used to work, then i i could not and i got artifacting, and afetr much trouble shooting, i found out the PSu went bad about 4-5 mnonths after purchase, i had only beeing using it in this rig for 1 month.

it surrently works, btu it will not let anythign else be hooked up, if i do, i can nto get past post unless i am lucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: