Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
ICY DOCK MB492SKL-B, MB491SKL-B, and MB973SP-2B Drive Bays
http://bigbruin.com/content/icydockbays_1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 09:28:57    Post Subject: ICY DOCK MB492SKL-B, MB491SKL-B, and MB973SP-2B Drive Bays Reply with quote View Single Post

This review is going to cover 3 newer offerings from ICY DOCK that provide convenient, hot swap access to drives installed in your PC's case. We will look at the ToughArmor EX MB492SKL-B which lets you install two 2.5" drives in a single 3.5" external bay, the ToughArmor EX MB491SKL-B which lets you install one 2.5" drive in a single 3.5" external bay, and the FlexCage MB973SP-2B which lets you install three 3.5" drives in a double 5.25" bay.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Ice Bank
Mice Elf

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 08:55:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The review ended early for the MB491SKL-B. As seen in the image below, the SATA power connector broke off the very first time I connected a cable to it. The cable seemed to go on OK, but then flopped down like it was loose... When I double checked it I noticed it was not connected at all and the MB491SKL-B still had the metal portion of its connector, while my SATA cable now had the plastic portion embedded in its connector. Since drive related devices is pretty much all ICY DOCK does, I will give them the benefit of the doubt that this is an extremely isolated incident which unfortunately hit this particular unit.

http://bigbruin.com/displayimage.php?imagepath=images/articles/898/23.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Storage All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: