Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7304
It is user upradable
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 23:31:57    Post Subject: Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7304 Reply with quote View Single Post

I bought a 'budget friendly' laptop on Friday for the wife and kids... Didn't have to be much, but I can't stand tiny and/or low-res screens. The Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7304 was on sale at Best Buy for $299, so I snagged that with its 1600x900 17.3" screen, 4GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, etc... I saw the HDD was 5400RPM, so I knew that was getting yanked for one of the SSDs I have on hand (wound up getting a 240GB Kingston HyperX unit... All documents state this thing isn't user servicable, but I assumed I could at least get at the HDD.

I was very pleased to see an extra memory slot in there, and that the 4GB was on one stick (Samsung branded 1600MHz CAS11). I rushed back out and got a Crucial stick with matching specs for $38.

You have to take off the whole bottom cover, which requires a dozen + screws to come out, and tons of tiny plastic clips to be gently wiggled loose. Was pretty easy except for a clip in the battery compartment which cooperated once I slid a credit card under it. Nothing broke, took all of 5 minutes to get apart, and maybe 3 to put back together.

This thing is alright - screen is pretty sharp and definitely bright enough. Now it is also plenty fast.

Two pics - to make sure I got glare from different angles - Laughing

CIMG8144.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.88 MB
 Viewed:  455 Time(s)

CIMG8144.JPG

CIMG8143.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.84 MB
 Viewed:  491 Time(s)

CIMG8143.JPG

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:40:46; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:32:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I hope it serves you well. Toshiba lappys are by far the one brand that I've had to fix most frequently. That last sentence sucked.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:18:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - I hope we do OK with it. Previously laptop (which this replaced) was a MSI barebones I built in 2008. That was definitely built better and higher quality overall. I don't think this will last that long, but since it is pretty much used as a desktop replacement, the lack of travelling may get us a couple years... Laughing

For a little more info - I first removed the battery, and then took out the one screw holding the DVD player and slid it out. All of the screws and clips all came loose rather eaily, except for the area under the battery terminals... I gently wiggled a credit card under there and it popped loose, too. Wasn't that hard - but proceed with caution and at your own risk!

See image with arrow below. Everything re-assembled nicely.

CIMG8144.JPG
 Description:
look for the red arrow
 Filesize:  760.76 KB
 Viewed:  466 Time(s)

CIMG8144.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: