Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Silicon Dust HD HomeRun Prime
Best - Device - Ever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:57:26    Post Subject: Silicon Dust HD HomeRun Prime Reply with quote View Single Post

OK - maybe there have been better inventions - but this one has impressed me the most. It is a 3-tuner cable TV tuner that takes a CableCard, but instead of being connected to a TV it is connected to your network. It can then send all the channels you are paying for to three devices on your network and each is now also able to be a DVR. I know some companies give CableCards out - but mine is a $2 monthly rental. Still, I pay $16ish for a DVR box and $9ish for a non-DVR box per month. This will eliminate those, plus add the ability to tune / record from one more device.

Windows 7 Media Center works great with this thing and the interface/flexibility kills that of the cable companies box. With just two sets going now - I have no issue with bandwidth (Gigabit hardware with CAT6 cables). I have the PCs connected to TVs already, might as well make them do everything!

HD HomeRun Prime @ Amazon.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 10:16:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Newegg is going to have one of these things, plus a Media Center remote for $165 as a Shell Shocker at 1PM PST today... Happy Easter! Laughing

Newegg Shell Shocker - 1PM PST / 4PM EST - Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime

If you are earlty - follow the link and scroll to the pending deal.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 12:08:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

These are only for cable aren't they? No Satellite?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 14:01:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not sure how satellite works... You just have to be able to get an M-Card from your provider. Is that a cable only thing?

I bought the one several weeks ago, and I'm on the fence about another right now. You get three tuners for recording/watching simultaneously, and although it hasn't happened yet with 3 HTPCs and several desktops - we could easily be out of tuners... Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: