Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Crashed Laptop
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lejyowers
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:17:46    Post Subject: Crashed Laptop Reply with quote View Single Post

Confused What is the cheapest possible way to fix a crashed laptop?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:29:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi! We'd need a little more info on that... What seems to be wrong with it?
lejyowers
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:48:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It started making a clicking noise and then the screen went blue and that's all it will do. I am not good with computers but I had someone look at it and he said it was crashed and it would cost me more to fix it than it's worth. I paid $1300.00 for it at Circuit City 3 years ago.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:17:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It sounds like a dying/dead fan....causing it to overhead and shutdown (blue screen).

If you can locate the fan and replace it you should be good.
lejyowers
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:47:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How can I go about locating the fan? I have the laptop in front of me upside down and there is a place where the battery is but also two places where there are two srews to each compartment to open up. So what do I do from here? Thanks for the help!
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 18:08:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Look either on the bottom or sides for vents...hopefully you can see the fan blades, maybe use a flashlight.
lejyowers
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:32:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think I found the blade but I would have to take off the entire back to get to it. To take the fan out will I have to cut any wires or is there a plug of some sort?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 10:17:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, replacing a fan is a chore. Sometimes they get a dead spot and won't spin. I have pushed the blades until it started spinning and it works again. That is worth a shot.

You will most likely have to remove the chassis to get to the fan. It should have a small 2 or 3 pin plug to remove.
lejyowers
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:01:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for your help. It sounds like something I will need help with so I don't mess it up. I know where to go though if I have any problems!
fireflying
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 05:05:58    Post Subject: hel Reply with quote View Single Post

Laptop use three years almost change. If the warranty period still have can be repaired?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: