Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Q6600 overclock details.
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jynxx
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:00:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

norm68 wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions on where I should start the OC process?? thanks.

Start by reading this thread from page 1. It's the best thing I have seen to date if this is your chip for OCing.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

brag
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 15:06:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jynxx wrote:
UPDATE!
Ok, so i went and got a cheap 2gb USB key and loaded the 1303 BIOS on there... even worse move. I have a Reclusa keyboard, and wasn't aware of the problems the 1303 bios had with them. Took me hours to figure out why I couldn't get past the "republic of gamers" logo.
When I finally gave up and looked it up from my laptop, I took out every usb device except my USB key drive.... it worked! I rolled the bios down to 1301 and OH MY FREAKING WOW.... huge difference. I also took out my two 512mb ram sticks, after reading the posts on THIS thread saying that the striker sometimes doesn't like all 4 sticks in use.

I am now stable at 3.4, and have been at 29c for over an hour!

Here are some screenies to show my results. I am ECSTATIC! I know no one replied to my post yet (there was barely time between my posts!) but a HUGE thank you to you guys, it was THIS THREAD that helped me (and I searched for days and days about this!!), so THAAAANK YOU!

!!!

Jynxx you are awesome, i've been trying to get this thing over 1250fsb for days Razz That 1305 bios seems a bit crap imo.

1301 = winner, now running at @ idle on all 4 cores(coretemp 37,34,34,33), using the Thermalright 120 ultra HSF with a 120mm Noctua fan attached.

I'll run everest and get some stats up for you.

Then I'm gunna try for 3.4 following your voltage guide for the striker board.

Thanks Grin
Jynxx
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:20:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Don't thank me, I was simply using most of the tips that the people in this thread did before me Smile
So thank everyone on this thread!

Definitely glad you got it worked out! Oh and for some reason, my OC is now at 3.5 instead of 3.47! It just jumped up one day.
Grin

ONE PROBLEM.... it doesn't seem to like games. I don't know if I mentioned that or not. I have to reboot and go to my 2.4ghz OC profile in my BIOS if I know I am going to be running any games. So far it's crashed with Quake Wars, Hellgate: London, and NWN2.
NoOne
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:42:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ello my computer specs are:

Q6600 3.0ghz G0 | Running on Air
Asus P5W DH Deluxe | Zalman 9700
2x G.Skill 2(2x1)GB DDR2-800 | XFX 8800 GT 256mb
Raid-0 2x Seagate 80gb | Seagate 500gb | Maxtor 250gb
Silverstone DA750 | Dell 17" 1703FP | Thermaltake Armor

I've been able to run 4 instances of prime 95 fine for 7 hrs using 3x Long FFTs and 1x blend but when I play WoW it crashes the computer. It blacks out and I can't figure out why.

Temperatures hover around 69-70 during the first 6 hrs of the test, around 3pm 6-7th hour the 2 core temps hit 71-72, might be due to room temp. Temps did drop down to 65, 63, 61, 61 when prime95 was minimized to system tray.

AI Overclocking [Manual]
Cpu Frequency [333]
Dram Frequency [DDR2-834mhz]
Performance Mode [Auto]
PCI Express Frequency [100]
PCI Clock Synch Mode [33.33mhz]
Memory Voltage [2.00v]
Cpu VCore Voltage [1.3625v]
FSB Termination Voltage [Auto]
MCH Chipset Voltage [Auto]
ICH Chipset Voltage [Auto]
-------------------------------------------
Modify Ratio Support [Enabled]
Ratio CMOS Setting [9]
Microcode Updation [Enabled]
Max CPUID Value Limit [Disabled]
Execute Disable Function [Enabled]
Enhnaced C1 Control [Enabled]
CPU Internal Thermal Control [Auto[
Virtualization Technology [Disabled]
Speed Step [Enabled]
-------------------------------------------
Configure DRAM Timing by SPD [Disabled]
DRAM CAS# Latency [4]
DRAM RCAS# Precharge [4]
DRAM RCAS# to CAS# Delay [4]
DRAM RCAS# Activate to Preca [12]
DRAM Write Recovery Time [4]
DRAM ECC Mode [Disabled]
Hyper Path 3 [Disabled]
DRAM Throttling Threshold [Disabled]
Bott Graphic Adapter Priority [PCI Express/PCI]
PEG Buffer Length [Auto]
Link Legacy [Auto]
Reg Root Control [Auto]
Peg Link Mode [Auto]
Slot Power [Auto]
-----------------------------------------------

Nvm, i dropped the Dram Frequency to 667mhz and WoW hasn't crashed the comp yet. Disabled C1E, and Speedstep. I'll repost if anything comes up.

Update: So wow crashed the comp so I loosened the timings to 5-5-5-15. I'll repost if anything comes up.

Any Suggestions on how to add the aggressive timings back, or any specific changes I should make?

Would I notice much difference between 4-4-4-12 timing and 5-5-5-15 timing?

Also a few other comments I had were: from what I gather for the G0 stepping it seems like I'm using a lot more voltage to achieve my fsb.

At default values, instead of 2.4ghz its 2.13ghz.

Lastly if prime95 receives a windows unexpected error and not a prime95 error, is it the same issue? And should I increase the VCore to make it stable? Because I've been pushing the Vcore whenever that occurs.

From a stable 321x9, 642 mhz, at 1.3Vs, I pushed it to 333x9, 667mhz through a few zones of BSODs to Windows Prime95 unexpected Errors till it stabilized at 1.3625v.

Just ran 4 instances of prime95 for 12hrs and it came up error free, but when I ran 3dmark06 it blackout like WoW a few seconds in and had to hardboot. It crashed me as I was typing this sentence too. Maybe it has to do with my graphics?
Jynxx
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:51:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have the same problem, I can run just about anything except games just fine. So when I know I am going to play something, I just restart with no cpu overclock and im fine Smile
NoOne
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:24:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Mmm I think it is my graphics card, I reset my bios and 3dmark still crashed my comp. Swapped video cards to a 7800gtx and no crashes with over clocked settings. I even dropped my timings to 4-4-4-12 with DDR2-834mhz and its running fine. Now i need to figure out whats wrong with my vid card =/

Update: My vga cooler wasnt making contact with the chip, alls good now =D hit 11k 3dmark06

Raid-0 2x Seagate 80gb | Seagate 500gb | Maxtor 250gb
Silverstone DA750 | Dell 17" 1703FP | Thermaltake Armor
Jynxx
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:07:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That may be my problem... I have an eVGA 8800 Ultra KO, with stock cooling. Hottest (and biggest) card I ever saw. The thing barely fits in my case.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

nCSimmy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:09:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hi guys new to the forum, thought id register as i need abit of help.
Sorry for such a old bump in the topic.

Right, ive got my Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz x 4 and i want to overclock it but ive no idea how to do so.

So would it be possible for someone to go through how to overclock my CPU

DRAM Frequency: 325.0MHz
Motherboard: ASRock 4Core 1333-GLAN
Chipset: Intel G31/G33/G35

Core 0 Temp : 43 Celcius
Core 1 Temp : 43 Celcius
Core 2 Temp : 42 Celcius
Core 3 Temp : 40 Celcius

Anymore information you need ?

Regards, Simmy
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:11:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi... Welcome!

Some basic questions...

What kind of cooler do you have on the CPU?

Are those temperatures at idle or load?

What kind of memory (brand, speed, timings)?
nCSimmy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:21:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey.

I think it's just a stock intel cooler.
those temps are at idle.
Not sure what brand my memory is the speeds are 333MHz, not quite sure what the timings are.

Sorry im such a noob at this kind of stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: