Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
PC Power & Cooling 510 ATX-Deluxe PSU
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:09:09    Post Subject: PC Power & Cooling 510 ATX-Deluxe PSU Reply with quote View Single Post

Check out the Bigbruin.Com review: **HERE**

And share your comments / questions in this thread... Thanks!

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:00:12; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:43:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I told you guys it was good! Grin
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:48:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If I ever win the lottery.....I'll get one!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:52:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

And I'd like to thank Cheeze and everyone else on the site... This was review #50, with hopefully many more to come!!

Grin
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:56:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea!! And I personally did all but 48 of them!!!
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:37:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ahhhh..........Don't break your arm there Dr.EC! Wink

Bad Air

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:00:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

greybeard61
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:19:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

just read the 510 review and I can add these rather expensive power supplies are worth the money. We (Lockheed Martin) tested several Turbo Cool 300w several years ago in our lab and found they were the best we had seen, other than custom made supplies at three times the cost. One rather nice feature of this model is the pots mounted on the inside to adjust the voltages if necessary. You can also order the 510 with the pots assessible from the outside of the case....not sure how they actually do it or how much extra that would cost. If you want absolute rock-solid stability under all conditions, this is the one to get.
My question is whether these will actually work well with the newer AMD processors since they strongly suggest a supply with the second fan on the bottom. I build only Intel systems so I have no first hand knowledge. If anyone has used one for the newer AMD motherboard systems, I would like to know how well it did.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:11:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi greybeard61... Welcome!! Sun

I haven't used this one on a new AMD setup, but I do have a fanless power supply I will be trying out on an AMD A64 3200+ very soon...

I have ben seeing alot of single fan and no fan power supplies coming out, and although I'd prefer to stick with what is recommended, I think good case cooling should compensate for anything the psu may have done...
greybeard61
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:15:39    Post Subject: pc power and cooling 510 atx Reply with quote View Single Post

I have seen the product descriptions for the fanless PS and was wondering about how they might work in real-world conditions. I also agree that the power supply fans are actually designed to keep the PS reasonably cool, not help with CPU cooling. A good case with an exhaust fan on the rear should do that job.....you would think anyway.
I did get a reply from PC Power and Cooling Tech's and the pots can be mounted externally but at 30 bucks for each pot....90 if you want to be able to adjust all three. They send the PS with 36" wires attached to the pots and mounting is your job. They recommend drilling holes in a slot cover on the back of the computer and mount the pots. I am working on a better location for the pots, along with test points to measure the actual voltage with a DVM. Sounds expensive but they would stand behind their work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: